Further expansion of the product range means that the company requires additional BIOS Engineers at our India location.
Reporting to the Software Manager, the BIOS Engineers will have responsibility for the following:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and debugging of BIOS and UEFI firmware for a range of latest generation hardware platforms
- Assisting our hardware design engineers in the bring-up and debugging of our new board products
- Working with our other software engineers to debug and develop our operating system Board Support Packages (BSPs)
- Development of new features to support our embedded platforms and built-in diagnostics
- Production technical support
- Backup to our customer support engineers
Working in a small company environment means each BIOS engineer quickly becomes involved with many aspects of the product design and development. Short design timescales are an important part of our development strategy, which also results in our engineers being involved in many different product designs quite quickly.
Qualifications & Experience
Candidates should be Engineering graduates, able to demonstrate practical post graduate experience, and must offer the following capabilities:
- In depth knowledge and hands-on development experience of system BIOS and UEFI
- Extensive knowledge of PC BIOS internals, including APICs, SuperIO devices, keyboard controllers, SATA and PATA storage devices, and USB controllers
- Understanding of the allocation of resources to PCI, or PCIe devices, and to system busses in general
- Significant experience in system bring-up and board-level debugging. Must be comfortable with the use of ITP, American Arium, or other JTAG based debuggers
- Expert “C/C++” coding capabilities
- Basic knowledge of OS and IPMI concepts
- Expert Assembly (x86) programming skills would be an added advantage
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:-
- The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an Engineering level
- An eye for detail and a pride in their work
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
Very competitive salary package with relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported Government Provident fund scheme, Non-contributory Group medical and health insurance schemes.