Fancy working on board support packages and middleware for cutting edge Intel and ARM processor based embedded boards?
Our software engineers are involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on BSPs for cutting edge Intel and ARM processor based boards
- Design and development of middleware, system and device driver software for many standard operating systems
- Working with our hardware designers during the design phase to specify the product, and again during the proving phase to validate the product
- Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team
- Develop test software and procedures
Working in a small company environment, projects are usually small and of short duration, and in most cases the bulk of the work is done by one individual. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Qualifications & Experience
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the three areas below:
- Very proficient in Embedded C
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience writing real time device drivers for Linux
- In-depth knowledge of either ARM, PowerPC, x86 or other large CPU architecture
- Good appreciation of hardware
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Hands-on knowledge of PCI Express, SRIO and VME fabrics
- Experience with writing low-level software for operating systems such as VxWorks or Windows
- Programming for parallel processor architectures
- Network protocols
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.