Our software engineers are involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and development of system management firmware and diagnostics software
- Creating software utilities for use by customers or our in-house production test facility
- Backing up our technical support engineers when problems arise in the field or in our production test facility
Working in a small company environment, projects are usually small and of short duration, and in most cases the bulk of the work is done by one individual. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Qualifications & Experience
Engineering graduate, with at least one year of industrial experience and good experience in the areas below:
- C programming for ARM processors
- Programming hardware devices at register level
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Ability to write code that complies with complex industry specifications
- Experience writing software to access hardware devices under Linux
- Experience with boot loader or PC BIOS development
- The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level is an important additional attribute
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.