Concurrent Technologies is seeking an individual to provide support and act as a technical contact for many of our world-wide customers. This will include the provision of demonstration and test programs which are based around our; X86 Multi Core Processor products, other 80×86-based hardware and several industry-standard operating systems. Though this job is intended to be primarily office-based, customer site visits are likely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Linux used in embedded systems
- Develop and maintain demonstration software for various embedded applications
- Provide application notes/white papers intended to be used as technical guides by our customers and partners
- Help with system level testing; as such you will be expected to extract and understand the key operating points from the technical manual of an embedded product
- Provided support to our customers (customer facing role)
- Help with the setup and validation of third party product such that systems can be built and promoted and generate appropriate supporting documentation
- Provide our marketing and sales teams with technical back-up, both pre-sales and post-sales
- Software development work to assist our customers should be expected
Qualifications & Experience
- A Degree or equivalent within an engineering related discipline.
Along with experience in all of the following:
- Very proficient in Embedded C
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience of Linux/VxWorks
- In-depth knowledge of x86 architecture
- Good appreciation of hardware
- Hands-on knowledge with PCI, PCIexpress or SRIO fabrics
- Miscellaneous networking
- Middlewares such as OpenDDS , OpenMPI , OpenCL, CUDA, OpenGL
Working as part of a small team, you must be a good communicator, have the ability to multitask, be well organized and meet deadlines.
A very competitive salary package with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. A company-supported private pension scheme and a non-contributory private health insurance scheme.