Further expansion of the product range means that the company requires an additional Firmware Design Engineer.
Reporting to the Software Manager, the Firmware Design Engineer will have responsibility for the following:-
- Design and development of 8051 and ARM firmware.
- Design and development of diagnostic software on x86 architecture based on latest Intel technology.
- Comprehending and developing software based on open platform management specification.
- Working closely with hardware engineers in board component bring up.
- Production and technical support.
We operate in a small company environment, which means that the majority of each design is completed by an individual engineer, who quickly becomes involved with all aspects of the product design and development. Short design timescales are an important part of our development strategy, which also results in our engineers being involved in many different product designs very quickly.
Candidates should be Engineering graduates, able to demonstrate practical post graduate experience, and be familiar with some or all of the following:
- Very proficient in C/C++ programming,
- Knowledgeable in Intel 80×86/ARM or 8051 architectures along with strong assembly programming skills.
- Strong embedded real-time software development concepts.
- Knowledge of platform management standards like IPMI would be advantage along with operating system level device driver development experience.
- Expertise in debugging in an embedded environment.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level.
- An eye for detail and a pride in their work.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Very competitive salary package with relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported Govt.Provident fund scheme, Non-contributory Group medical and health insurance schemes.