Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products for OpenVPX, MicroTCA, CompactPCI and other industry standard bus architectures. Our products are designed, developed and manufactured in-house, and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components. We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a number of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications, among others.
Our plans for the future mean that we are creating a new role of Group Engineering Manager, who will coordinate and manage the development of our product range across our development sites in the UK, India and the USA.
We have many active projects constantly in progress at various stages of development, and the Group Engineering Manager will be responsible for the entire product development life-cycle. This includes:
- Resourcing, planning and coordinating project development activities in collaboration with the team managers in the UK and India.
- Liaison with the Sales and Marketing, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Test teams from design through to production stages.
- Tracking and progress-chasing the developments to ensure that the products are completed on time, within budget, and to meet in-house and international specifications.
- Improving our development processes.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the role will be UK based and overseas travel is expected to be very limited, though there may be more regular travel between our UK sites in Colchester and Theale.
Candidates must be engineering graduates, with a proven background in microprocessor-based electronic product development, preferably in a multi-disciplinary environment. They should also have demonstrable project and people management skills. No formal methods experience is required, but may be an advantage. The candidates should also be familiar with, or be skilled at, some or all of the following:
- High speed digital electronic design.
- Embedded software development for Windows, Linux or real-time operating systems.
- Pluggable board based electronic systems.
- Project planning and tracking techniques.
- Mechanical design for electronic products.
- Team leading and motivational skills.
Very competitive salary package with relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private medical and health insurance schemes.