Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of industrial computing products for a range of industry standard architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house by teams in the UK, India and USA, and use leading-edge electronic components. We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a range of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications.
We now need another Mechanical Engineer to join our busy team. This role is based in our headquarters in Colchester, Essex, or our local Theale office, where in addition to designing we also manufacture our own products.
Our Mechanical Engineers are involved from the very early stages of product design, through prototype and design verification, and finally taking the design into production. The boards primarily need compact and effective cooling solutions which in many cases also have to be able to withstand high levels of vibration and mechanical shock, so the role involves not just design but also hands-on verification testing. It frequently also involves the creation and use of new jigs and fixtures for design verification and production test purposes.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- You must be educated to Bachelor degree level with industry experience of designing small or precision components for electronic product packaging or similar environments.
- You must be independent and a self-starter, able to plan and carry out your work with little supervision and with the ability to deliver effective results in short timescales.
- You will be a good problem-solver, with the ability to reason independently and reach good engineering solutions.
- You need to be able to explain your ideas and solutions to others, including senior and junior engineering staff and technical management.
- You must be a very practical, “hands-on” person.
- You must have a good understanding of change control procedures, e.g. ECO/ECN systems.
- You also need a good understanding of tolerances and their effects in real-world production.
Desirable, but not Essential, Skills / Experience:
- A good level of familiarity with SolidWorks.
- Some awareness of thermal management techniques, especially in electronic product design.
- Previous involvement in environmental testing, e.g. shock, vibration or thermal tests.
- A background in product development for airborne or ground vehicle equipment.
We offer a very competitive salary, an optional stakeholder pension scheme (with a generous company contribution), life assurance, private health insurance, and relocation allowance where appropriate.