Further expansion of the product range means that the company requires additional Validation Test Engineers (Software).
Reporting to the Software Manager, the Validation Test Engineer will have responsibility for the following:-
- Performing manual/automated testing for the firmware/software and Board Support Packages (BSPs) built by software development team.
- Creation of test plans to align with project plans and to create test cases to align with use cases defined in the specifications document.
- Testing activities include full cycle validation testing, verification of bugs fixed, performance testing, compatibility testing and user acceptance testing.
- Effectively communicate with the software and hardware development team to report bugs and issues in the specified format.
We operate in a small company environment, which means that the majority of each validation test is completed by an individual engineer, who quickly becomes involved with all aspects of the product design and validation.
Candidates should be Engineering graduates, and be familiar with some or all of the following:
- Very proficient in scripting language(s).
- Experienced in working with GNU tools, source control (CVS/GIT), QA tools (Bugzilla, Mantis).
- Well versed with using Linux.
- Knowledge in computer based products
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Working efficiently in a smaller team with minimum supervision.
- The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level.
- An eye for detail and a pride in their work.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Very competitive salary package with relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported Govt. Provident fund scheme, Non-contributory Group medical and health insurance schemes.