Concurrent Technologies designs a range of high-performance Intel® processor boards, switches, networking, storage and software products for use in embedded computing solutions. We manufacture our board products in our Colchester, UK based factory to meet the highest level of inspection standards for long life cycle, reliable operation.
Our products are used by many of the world’s leading integrators within the Defence, Security, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Transportation, Medical and Industrial markets and are designed to be operated in a range of temperatures and environments from benign to extreme rugged.
The company operates facilities in Colchester and Theale in the United Kingdom and Woburn, MA in the United States. We are supported by a world-wide network of distributors and manufacturers’ representatives to ensure that local support is always available to our customers.
Concurrent Technologies is a public company, quoted on AIM on the London Stock Exchange.
Provide support and act as technical contact for many of our customers world-wide, including the provision of demonstration and test programs based around our X86 Multi Core Processor, other 80×86-based hardware and several industry-standard operating systems. Help with the setup and validation of third party products such that systems can be built , promoted and documented. In addition, provide our marketing and sales force with technical back-up, both pre-sales and post-sales. Some software development work to assist our customers should be expected. Though this job is intended to be primarily office-based (Colchester or Theale) with some customer site visits likely.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Linux used in embedded system.
- Develop and maintain demonstration software for various embedded application.
- Provide application notes, white paper intended to be used as technical guide by our customers and partners.
- Help with system level testing, as such you will be expected to extract and understand the key points operating points from the technical manual of an embedded products.
- provided support to our customers (customer facing role)
- Very proficient in Embedded C
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience of Linux/VxWorks.
- In-depth knowledge of x86 architecture.
- Good appreciation of hardware.
- Hands-on knowledge with PCI, PCIexpress.
- Misc Networking
- Middlewares like VMware, OpenVino, OpenCL, CUDA, OpenGL
- Competitive salary package
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Equal Opportunity Statement
Concurrent Technologies recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.