Do you have Commercial experience in the Aerospace and Defence Sector? Are you looking for a new opportunity or the next step in your career?
Do you want to work for a dynamic global leader in embedded computing, focused on Defence and Telecoms, at the forefront of technology and aiming towards the industry of the future, including Artificial Intelligence?
We are looking for an ambitious Commercial Manager/Contracts Manager to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the role interfaces with an array of customers and partners, various internal functions
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable success in negotiating contracts in a commercial management capacity within their current role.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to take the next step in their career. This role provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to commercially lead on high profile and strategically important initiatives/contracts.
The role will include:
- End to end commercial support with full accountability for commercial strategy and direction – providing guidance on contractual, legal and regulatory matters
- Utilising best practice contract management tools and techniques to ensure contractual obligations are managed and adhered to throughout life of the contract
- Developing innovative partnering and collaboration strategies and agreements in support of new business opportunities
- Commercial negotiations with customers and partners capturing the outcomes in appropriate contracts and agreements
- Reporting and communicating across the wider organisation, including attending various management reviews
- Identifying and mitigating risk and assessing opportunity
We are looking for:
- A person with an appropriate academic qualification
- Sound knowledge of contracting mechanisms and terms and conditions, ideally within the Defence industry
- Proven experience of negotiating, managing and changing contracts / partnering arrangements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build and maintain relationships with customers and partners
- Ability to obtain positive outcomes, with a strong desire to win business and adopt innovative approaches to winning new business.
It is desirable to have:
- A professional qualification such as IACCM
- Demonstrated experience with Lifecycle Management and business processes
- Understanding of Export Control and Compliance including UK Export and ITAR.
- Very competitive salary package.
- Company-supported private pension scheme.
- Non-contributory private medical and health insurance schemes.