Concurrent Technologies Plc is a successful, internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, for the AMC, CompactPCI, VME & VPX bus architectures. Our products are designed, developed and manufactured in-house. We use some of the latest Intel microprocessors in our designs.
We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a number of high-performance processor and other boards used in telecommunications and aerospace applications.
We now have a vacancy for a Components Engineer to work in our busy Engineering team in Colchester, Essex UK. This person will be responsible for finding and qualifying new parts to replace obsolete parts used in our products and for the maintenance of information concerning electronic components for other teams in the company. They will also be responsible for Assembly Pack creation and maintenance.
This role is divided into two main areas, namely Component Maintenance and Assembly Pack Maintenance. In addition they will be required to assist the Document Controller in his tasks during periods of peak workload and holiday.
1) Component Maintenance:
Ensuring production stores only contains components approved for production use and maintaining a stock of components for other purposes, including prototype and pre-production batches, in Engineering (development parts). Maintaining records so that development part stock can be located quickly.
- Obtaining development parts from suppliers in time for prototype and pre-production batches, using the weekly buy list provided by the Operations team. Maintaining accurate information on the expected delivery of, and any running technical issues with, these development parts.
- Using the sample request procedures, obtain up front component information, including quotes, to reduce the Engineer time taken for approving new parts.
- Ensuring regulatory data for new components is complete and up to date.
- Ensuring reliability data for new components is complete.
- Identifying alternative component sources.
- Approving and testing new alternative or replacement components to mitigate obsolescence or supply issues.
2) Assembly Pack Creation and Maintenance
- Creating and controlling the release of engineering drawings for electronic circuit board assemblies, cables and simple mechanical parts to Operations.
3) Document Controller Assistance:
- Loading prototype and pre-production batch Bills of Materials (BoMs) for all variants that will be built, using manufacturing control system software.
- Controlling the ECO process.
The candidate shall:
- Be qualified to Degree (or equivalent) level or demonstrate considerable and relevant work experience in the high technology electronics sector.
- Be computer literate.
- Have practical experience of electronic product design or test.
- Have experience of Drawing Office practices; basic familiarity with a mechanical CAD package would be an advantage.
- Be familiar with manufacturing documentation and change control procedures.
Be competent in the use of electronic test equipment.
The successful candidate should also have an ability to organise and prioritise their own work, be methodical, well disciplined and show good inter-personal skills.
Competitive salary package. Company supported private pension & life assurance scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.