This pivotal new role, reports to the recently appointed CEO, has the main objective of driving improvement through all aspects of the business. A fundamental part of the position is the introduction of a quality culture within the organisation improving all business processes and efficiency. The role will be UK based.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business process / quality background, preferably in electronics hardware and software. Have a comprehensive understanding of industry standards (e.g. ISO9001, AS 9100, ISO14001, OHSAS18001) and be able to work at all levels of the organisation. Experience in collaboratively leading people through change in a complex engineering and manufacturing business is essential.
- Create and lead a market led strategy for both product assurance and business improvement.
- Responsible for maintenance and introduction of the company’s accreditations.
- Review and maintain all company processes.
- Responsible for several key business management systems.
- Implement and maintain a continuous improvement “right first time “ metric driven culture throughout the global enterprise.
- Responsible for Health and Safety processes across all sites.
- Management of New Product Introduction and product lifecycle planning.
- To maintain and periodically test the company’s Business Continuity plan.
- Management of company infrastructure, buildings, maintenance, security, communications etc.
- Degree / HND in Quality Management or a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Relevant Industrial Experience within Electronics Hardware and Software development.
- Relevant Industrial Experience of ISO9001, AS 9100, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 standards.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work at all levels of an organisation.
- Familiarity with New Product Introductions, quality standards and processes.
- Familiarity with problem solving tools and techniques.
Very competitive salary package. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private medical and health insurance schemes.