Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, primarily for the VPX, VME, CompactPCI and MicroTCA system architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house by teams in the UK and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components.
We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular, we have a range of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence, and telecommunications applications. Further products provide solutions for a variety of other data processing and industrial I/O requirements.
We now have a vacancy for a Documentation Controller to work in our busy Engineering team in Colchester, UK. You will be responsible for the administration of product engineering documentation and creation of Bills of Materials (BoM). You will also be responsible for the creation and maintenance of assembly drawings.
You will be working with the existing documentation controller to enhance our capabilities and support to the engineering and manufacturing teams. To facilitate this, we require a person able to perform the following tasks:
- Administration of the engineering documentation process including Engineering change orders and progress chasing,
- Creating release documentation for our product variants,
- Loading and maintenance of Bill of Materials and changes on to the company systems,
- Creating and maintaining product assembly drawing packs,
- Reliability figure calculations (training will be given).
- Candidates Must have an electronics background or have previously worked in a similar role.
- Ideally candidates will have an electronics education to BTEC or Similar and Turbo CAD drawing package or equivalent experience.
Familiarity with the following would be ideal though not essential:
- Understanding of the different types of electronic components,
- The engineering change process,
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools in particular Excel spread sheets,
- Familiarity with manufacturing BoM control tools.
- Competitive salary package
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Cycle to work scheme
You will be part of a team with a high level of responsibility for progressing your own work, so you will need to have the ability to work to demanding timescales and be able to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and commitment.