Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, for the VPX, VME, Compact PCI, AMC and other bus architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house, and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components.
We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a number of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications, among others. Further products provide solutions for a variety of other data processing and industrial I/O requirements.
Continuing expansion of our product range means that the company requires an Embedded Software Engineer.
Our software engineers are involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
- Design and development of system management firmware and diagnostics software.
- Creating software utilities for use by customers or our in-house production test facility.
- Backing up our technical support engineers when problems arise in the field or in our production test facility.
Working in a small company environment, projects are usually small and of short duration, and in most cases the bulk of the work is done by one individual. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with at least two years of industrial experience and good experience in the areas below:
- C programming for ARM processors.
- Programming hardware devices at register level.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Ability to write code that complies with complex industry specifications.
Experience with any of the following would be desirable:
- Experience writing software to access hardware devices under Linux.
- Experience with boot loader or PC BIOS development.
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.