Working with cutting edge technologies, Concurrent Technologies is an internationally renowned manufacturer of single board computer products. As an Intel Titanium partner, our products are designed, developed and manufactured in-house, using use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components. We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular: aerospace, defence and telecommunications, where there is a demand for high performance computing.
The Software Engineering team is responsible for breathing life into these computer products by creating and maintaining entire software stack including firmware, bootloaders, kernel, user applications, along with Board Support Packages required for their operation.
Using modern, agile development techniques, the Software Engineering team operates in facilities in both the UK and the USA.
This an exciting new project involving a new generation of boards which will be used for high accuracy time and positional & navigational data. This system is based on ARM based Soc and uses Linux Software stack.
As a Linux Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Bootloaders, pre boot firmware, Linux Kernel, and Linux software stack
Design, develop and maintain the software in one of the following areas:
- Bootloaders uboot or similar.
- Linux Kernel, Device drivers.
- Linux Middleware, libraries, and applications.
Work with our hardware designers:
- During the design phase to specify the product.
- During board bring up to get the prototype hardware working.
- During the design proving phase to validate the product.
- Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team.
- A good appreciation of the hardware and low-level software interface is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the areas below:
- Proficient in Embedded C programming for ARM processors or equivalent.
- Practical experience programming a variety of hardware devices at register level.
- Understanding of Linux subsystem, device driver, Device tree
- Ability to work with buildroot or equivalent build system
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience of development of uboot, position, navigation, and time protocols.
- Experience developing Linux device drivers, pre boot firmware for ARM.
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an Engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Benefits for working at Concurrent Technologies:
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- No probationary period
Equal Opportunity Statement
Concurrent Technologies recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.