Working with cutting edge technologies, Concurrent Technologies is an internationally renowned manufacturer of single board computer products. As an Intel Titanium partner, our products are designed, developed and manufactured in-house, using use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components. We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular: aerospace, defence and telecommunications; where there is a demand for high performance computing.
The Software Engineering team is responsible for breathing life into these computer products by creating and maintaining the BIOS, and Board Support Packages (as well as additional software) required for their operation.
Using modern, agile development techniques, the Software Engineering team operates in facilities in both the UK and the USA.
The constant requirement for new, better and more complex products means that the company requires an additional Embedded Software Engineer based in either our Theale or Colchester office
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of the BIOS, BSPs, and additional software for a number of Concurrent Technologies’ new and existing products.
- Design, develop and maintain the software in one of the following areas:
- UFEI BIOS.
- Board Support Packages for cutting edge Intel processor-based boards.
- Middleware, system and device driver software for Linux, Windows, VxWorks and other standard operating systems.
- Test software
- Work with our hardware designers:
- During the design phase to specify the product
- During board bring up to get the prototype hardware working
- During the design proving phase to validate the product
- Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team.
- The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the areas below:
- Proficient in Embedded C programming for x86, PowerPC or high-performance ARM processors.
- Practical experience programming a variety of hardware devices at register level.
- Good appreciation of hardware.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience of developing UFEI BIOS
- Experience developing low-level, embedded software for Linux or a similar operating system.
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an Engineering level is an important additional attribute.
- Competitive salary package
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal Opportunity Statement
Concurrent Technologies recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.