Our software engineers are involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
- Developing, enhancing and maintaining Board Support Packages for cutting edge Intel processor based boards.
- Design and development of middleware, system and device driver software for Linux, Windows, VxWorks and other standard operating systems.
- Working with our hardware designers during the design phase to specify the product, and again during the proving phase to validate the product.
- Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team.
- Develop test software and procedures.
Projects are usually relatively small and of short duration, and in most cases a single engineer is responsible for the complete package. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Qualifications and Experience
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the areas below:
- Proficient in Embedded C programming for x86, PowerPC or high-performance ARM processors.
- Practical experience programming a variety of hardware devices at register level.
- Experience developing low-level, embedded software for Linux or a similar operating system, including programming hardware devices at register level.
- Good appreciation of hardware.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
Experience with any of the following would also be desirable:
- Developing code for Real Time Operating Systems
- VMware configuration and deployment.
- High-speed Ethernet networking protocols and infrastructure.
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an Engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.