Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, primarily for the VPX, VME, CompactPCI and MicroTCA system architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house by teams in the UK and India, and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components.
We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a range of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications. Further products provide solutions for a variety of other data processing and industrial I/O requirements.
In order to expand our development team, we are creating a new Hardware Engineer position in Colchester, Essex and we are searching for an experienced and ambitious digital Hardware Engineer to join us in this exciting new venture.
Our engineers have many responsibilities, and in particular they are involved in all the following:
- Design and development of single board computer products from definition through to introduction to manufacturing
- Production technical support
- Design reviewing
- Maintaining awareness of new technologies
- Pre and post-sales backup to our technical support team
As the team expands, we also expect more opportunities to develop for team and project leading.
Candidates should be engineering graduates, able to demonstrate practical post graduate experience of digital hardware design, and be familiar with some or all of the following:
- 32/64 bit microprocessors, preferably Intel 80×86 architecture
- High performance bus architectures e.g. PCI Express, Serial RapidIO
- High performance communications peripheral devices, e.g. 10 or 1 Gigabit Ethernet, SAS/SATA III
- Advanced memory technologies, e.g. DDR4 DRAM
- High speed digital logic (1GHz and faster)
- Complex programmable logic devices or FPGAs
You will be part of a small team with a high level of responsibility for your own designs, so you will need to have the ability to work to demanding timescales, and be able to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the projects. The role is challenging but the prospects are excellent for capable engineers, as we aim to quickly develop many more new products spanning several platforms.
Very competitive salary package. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private medical and health insurance schemes.
Contact: Please send your CV with a covering letter. Post or E-mail to:
Mrs Morag Willis,
Concurrent Technologies Plc
4 Gilberd Court, Newcomen Way,
Colchester CO4 9WN, UK