Concurrent Technologies designs a range of high-performance Intel® processor boards, switches, networking, storage and software products for use in embedded computing solutions. We manufacture our board products in our Colchester, UK based factory to meet the highest level of inspection standards for long life cycle, reliable operation.
Our products are used by many of the world’s leading integrators within the Defence, Security, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Transportation, Medical and Industrial markets and are designed to be operated in a range of temperatures and environments from benign to extreme rugged.
The company operates facilities in Colchester and Theale in the United Kingdom and Woburn, MA in the United States. We are supported by a world-wide network of distributors and manufacturers’ representatives to ensure that local support is always available to our customers.
Concurrent Technologies is a public company, quoted on AIM on the London Stock Exchange.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, you will lead a team of electronic design engineers developing new board level SBC products incorporating the latest Intel processors using the latest (often pre-release) components to deliver market driven products.
- Manage and coordinate all activities of the hardware electronics development team meeting company and customer project objectives including the creation of schematic and PCB designs through to the delivery of the technical solutions.
- Work with the project engineering departments and the program management team to develop master project timing and risk management plans.
- Report progress and technical issues to Senior leadership.
- Oversee the work of the Hardware team coaching them through technical reviews and process gates, continually liaising with other departments including mechanical, software, systems, quality, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Ensure that detailed documentation and technical evidence files for electronics development meet project/customer/quality requirements (includes configuration management, product requirements management/traceability, hardware integration, validation/verification).
- Assess, manage, balance, and continually improve technical knowledge and capability across the team.
- Implement and/or improve technical tools, processes, team skills/knowledge increasing team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide technical input, support, decision taking within team as necessary ensuring project deliverables are achieved.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Previous senior leadership and management experience.
- Track record of developing an electronics design team.
- MEng/MSc/BEng in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or similar/equivalent discipline.
- High speed digital circuit design (500MHz plus).
- Experience of leading technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working with PC motherboard architecture, e.g. microprocessors ( 64bit), PCI Express, 100 Gigabit Ethernet, DDR4 Memory.
- Programmable logic devices or FPGA.
- Embedded Software experience/appreciation.
- Experience with Intel or ARM chipsets.
Benefits for working at Concurrent Technologies: (UK):
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Equal Opportunity Statement
Concurrent Technologies recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.