Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, for the VPX, VME, Compact PCI, AMC and other bus architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house, and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components.
We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a number of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications, among others. Further products provide solutions for a variety of other data processing and industrial I/O requirements.
Continuing expansion of our product range and market share means that the company requires a Head of UK Sales.
This is new vacancy due to significant global growth, for a Head of UK Sales, reporting to the Director of Sales, responsible for sales within the UK. The company is well-established, with world-wide sales of embedded computer products to the defence, communication, industrial and scientific markets.
The company is now looking to appoint an experienced Head of UK Sales responsible for further developing its UK domestic market. The successful candidate will be able to investigate customers’ requirements and recommend both hardware and software solutions for new embedded system projects and applications. Understanding customers’ future needs in order to guide the company’s product roadmap is an essential part of the responsibilities of this role. This is a solution sales role, so involves working as an integrated team member as well as individually to achieve sales targets, there is one direct report for this role to manage.
Candidates should be experienced in promoting technical products and solutions to both engineers and commercial professionals, and have the desire and ambition to achieve both personal and company growth.
The role can be home based or office based in Colchester or Reading. The right candidate could become the successor to the Director of Sales.
The ideal skills and experience required include:
- Excellent understanding of the UK defence market
- Proven track record of opening up new sales opportunities, consultative sales and exceeding sales targets
- Degree in Business, Psychology, Engineering or related subject.
- Experience of managing both direct and indirect sales channels, preferably with solution sales experience.
- Work within and manage a small team
- Be commercially knowledgeable
- Effective communications skills – active listening is a must.
- Hold a full driving licence
- Willing to travel within the UK (upto 50% of the time)
- Knowledge of embedded hardware & software (or similar technologies) is a bonus; e.g VPX, VME, MicroTCA
- Company Car allowance
- Very competitive salary package
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 23 days holiday + Banks (Rising to 31 days)