A successful, internationally known manufacturer of complex, high reliability printed circuit board assemblies used in many different demanding high technology markets around the world, for example: telecommunications, defence, and aerospace sectors.
The company’s products are designed, developed, and manufactured in-house in the UK.
Working as part of our dedicated Manufacturing team, programming, operating, and maintaining one of our processing lines, reporting to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Writing programmes for the machine to meet the requirements of relevant drawings.
- Operate machine to maintain consistent high quality.
- Identify programming and process issues and implement appropriate solutions.
- Inspection of final assemblies to ensure workmanship meets drawing and IPC standard requirements.
- Touch-up assemblies as required to maintain consistent high quality.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to always provide a safe and clean working environment.
- Additional manufacturing tasks as may be required from time to time.
Previous related experience of electronic processing equipment is desired but not essential as full training will be given on all equipment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Experience of running electronic processing machinery.
- Be able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Be able to identify programming and process issues with equipment.
- Experience of soldering/reworking of circuit boards.
- An understanding of IPC standards IPC-830 and IPC-A-610.