You will be responsible for designing complex multi-layer SMT and PTH PCBs using the latest Cadence Allegro PCB design tools. The PCBs are typically 16 or 18 layers with high speed signals and high component densities, including BGAs.
The position will also involve part creation and library maintenance, the generation of PCB assembly documentation and data and liaison with production to ensure the products are designed for manufacture. The position is particularly suited to a self-motivated person who can use their initiative.
The candidate should ideally have at least an HNC and experience of the following with the first being mandatory:
- Using Cadence Allegro PCB design tools, including Design Entry HDL Version 17.2.
- Designing mixed technology multi layer PCBs.
- High-speed logic PCB design rules.
- Producing assembly documentation.
In addition the following skills are desirable:
- Use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Use of TurboCAD for 2D drawings.
- Use of Polar Speedstack for impedance calculations.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.