Due to continued sales growth, a vacancy has become available for a Production Operator/ Inspector to work in our busy Manufacturing department in Colchester, UK
Concurrent Technologies PLC designs a range of high performance Intel® processor boards, switches, networking, storage and software products for use in embedded computing solutions. We manufacture our board products in our Colchester, UK based factory to meet the highest level of inspection standards for long life-cycle, reliable operation.
Our products are used by many of the world’s leading integrators within the Defence, Security, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Transportation, Medical and Industrial markets and are designed to be operated in a range of temperatures and environments from benign to extreme rugged.
The company operates facilities in Colchester and Theale in the United Kingdom and Woburn, MA in the United States. We are supported by a world-wide network of distributors and manufacturers’ representatives to ensure that local support is always available to our customers.
Concurrent Technologies is a public company, quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
The job will involve final inspection of sub-assembled circuit boards and correcting any issues found. The role will also involve hand soldering of Through Hole Components (PTH) into circuit boards and possibly operating one of the Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machines.
We are seeking a Production Operator/Inspector who has experience with working with electronic assemblies (circuit boards).
- Have excellent hand soldering skills (a practical test will be required at interview).
- Have experience with inspecting electronic assemblies (circuit boards).
- Be able to understand assembly drawing packages.
- Be competent in reading component markings (orientations etc.).
- Be quality conscious with attention to detail.
- Experience of reworking PCB assemblies (both PTH and SMT) would be an advantage but training can be given.
- Experience of AOI machines not essential but could be beneficial.
- An understanding of IPC standards not essential but would be beneficial
- Competitive salary package
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme