Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, for the VPX, VME, Compact PCI, AMC and other bus architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house, and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components. We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a number of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications, among others.
This pivotal new role within our Quality Department has the main objective of reviewing, evolving and policing all Engineering processes from a quality and improvement perspective, to drive compliance to process and a right first time culture across the Engineering Department’s multiple locations.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong Quality background in electronics hardware and software design disciplines, be able to work at all levels of the organisation, and be able to implement improvement whilst integrating processes into our existing ISO9001:2015 accredited system.
Occasional travel to our UK and overseas Engineering sites is anticipated, but the role is based in Colchester Essex.
- To audit the companies design processes and projects on an ongoing basis to ensure design requirements and agreed processes are adhered to.
- To work with senior managers developing and amending current and new procedures, removing duplication and ensuring compliance at all design locations.
- To agree and implement departmental top level KPIs as an improvement tool and as measurement of a “right first time “culture within the organisation.
- To use suitable problem solving tools to determine root cause analysis when internal issues are identified, using the analysis to drive improvement and standardisation across the company.
- To organise and carry out training of staff as required.
- To link into the existing ISO9001:2015 audit programme, carrying out internal audits on an agreed basis.
- Degree / HND in Quality Management or a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Relevant Industrial Experience within Electronics Hardware and Software development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Planning and project management skills.
- The ability to interpret data and statistics.
- Ability to work at all levels of an organisation.
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes.
- Familiarity with problem solving tools and techniques.
Very competitive salary package. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.
Contact: Please send your CV with a covering letter. Post or E-mail to:
Mrs Morag Willis,
Concurrent Technologies Plc
4 Gilberd Court, Newcomen Way,
Colchester CO4 9WN, UK