Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of embedded computer products, for the VPX, VME, Compact PCI, AMC and other bus architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house, and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components. We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular we have a number of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications, among others.
Our Engineering group operates in a small company environment, with facilities in the UK, India and the USA. The constant requirement for new, better and more complex products means that the company requires an additional Senior BIOS Engineer based in our Colchester or Theale UK offices.
Our BIOS engineers are involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
- Developing, enhancing and maintaining our UEFI BIOS on multiple platforms.
- Designing and developing EFI shell applications and diagnostics software.
- Working with our hardware designers during design to specify the product, and again particularly during the prototyping stage to get the product working. This often involves the development of new special-purpose test software or other tools.
- Interfacing with other software engineers to support several different operating system environments, including both native and virtualised configurations.
- Working with other software engineers developing self-test and other diagnostic programs for the hardware.
- Backing up our technical support engineers when problems arise in the field.
- Interfacing directly with our manufacturing Test team for queries arising in our in-house production test area.
Our Engineering teams work closely together across all our sites and across all disciplines, with a small number of engineers working on each project. Every software engineer is rapidly involved in many different projects, and our BIOS engineers have responsibility for the entire BIOS package. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the areas below:
- UEFI BIOS development based on EDKII, preferably AMI AptioV.
- Practical experience working on all areas of UEFI, such as: silicon and memory initialization, network boot drivers and protocols, security features and Setup menu customization.
- C or C++ programming, primarily for the Intel processor family
- Programming hardware devices at register level
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an Engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.