Continuing expansion of our product range means that the company requires an additional Software Engineer.
Our engineers are involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
- Developing and maintaining our UEFI BIOS.
- Design and development of system management firmware and diagnostics software.
- Working with our hardware designers during design to specify the product, and again particularly during the working prototyping stage to get the product working. This often involves the development of new special-purpose test software.
- Backing up our technical support engineers when problems arise in the field or in our in-house production test area.
Working in a small company environment, projects are usually small and of short duration, and in most cases the bulk of the work is done by one individual. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the three areas below:
- UEFI BIOS development, preferably based on EDKII
- C or C++ programming, primarily for the Intel processor family
- Programming hardware devices at register level
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.