Reporting to the Group Software Manager, the Software Test Engineer will have responsibility for the following:
- Testing embedded firmware and board support packages for a range of single board computers
- Creating and maintaining test cases
- Working with the developers and the customer support team to diagnose problems and improve product quality
- Benchmarking products and performing peripheral-device approvals testing
This role will involve assembling and configuring various hardware devices, successful candidates will be practically minded and able to demonstrate correct handling of ESD sensitive products.
Degree or equivalent within an engineering related discipline and experience with all of the following:
- Previous software testing role
- Familiarity with installing and configuring Linux and Microsoft operating systems
- Basic understanding of modern PC architecture (e.g. experience assembling, modifying or fault-finding PCs)
- Knowledge of scripting languages, C and/or Python coding
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an Engineering level
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
Experience configuring and maintaining Linux servers and software development tools, such as Jenkins and Gitlab would be desirable.
The successful candidate should also have an ability to organise and prioritise their own work. We have a dynamic lab environment where the ability to switch tasks quickly and multi-task are essential.
Competitive salary package. Company supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.