This is an office-based role ideally at our Colchester headquarters or eventually in our Theale office for the right candidate. You will oversee system proposals to our customers and act as the technical expert on our products that are used in conjunction with those of our key partners.
The role typically but not exclusively involves the following:
- Use your expertise to advise on development systems and custom turnkey solutions
- Responsible for checking the various technical aspects of the system RFQs received and coordinate/monitor progress with the various teams involved
- Collaborating with third parties involved in a system solution
- Being the ‘go to’ person for technical back-up to our marketing and sales teams, both pre and post sales, and generate appropriate supporting documentation
- Checking and confirming the correct operation of key systems features
- Providing customer facing support for any systems delivered
- Presenting system design options
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Computer Science qualification preferred, with ideally experience in most of the following:
- Knowledge of x86 architecture (ideally including an understanding of PCI Express)
- Knowledge of VPX technologies
- Knowledge of networking architectures
- Knowledge of embedded software application
- System administration using Linux
- Good problem-solving aptitude
- Customer focused mindset
- An understanding of embedded system requirements
- Ability to extract key information from the various specifications used in our industry (e.g. Vita, 65, MIL-STD-810 etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Great team player, leader
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers at an engineering level, both verbally and in writing.
Very competitive salary package. Generous relocation allowance where appropriate, Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private medical and health insurance schemes, Life Insurance.