Concurrent Technologies PLC designs a range of high performance Intel® processor boards, switches, networking, storage and software products for use in embedded computing solutions. We manufacture our board products in our Colchester, UK based factory to meet the highest level of inspection standards for long life-cycle, reliable operation.
Our products are used by many of the world’s leading integrators within the Defence, Security, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Transportation, Medical and Industrial markets and are designed to be operated in a range of temperatures and environments from benign to extreme rugged.
The company operates facilities in Colchester and Theale in the United Kingdom and Woburn, MA in the United States. We are supported by a world-wide network of distributors and manufacturers’ representatives to ensure that local support is always available to our customers.
Concurrent Technologies is a public company, quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
Due to the acceleration of, new product releases and a customer need to keep existing products in the market for longer durations, the company requires an additional Sustaining Hardware Engineer
As an Intel Titanium partner, we have access to information on pre-announced silicon, you will help maintain and support these latest technologies in the manufacturing and test Process (in-house).
As we strive to stay at the leading edge, you will have a voice in how we evolve the hardware and people development processes and methodologies. A team player you will work collaboratively with other functions and provide candid feedback to help us.
Reporting to the Post Design Services Manager as a Sustaining Hardware Engineer, you will be involved with component obsolescence, customer support and the development of re-spins of our legacy products, using the latest components on the market to extend product lifecycle. Working on both state of the art and legacy products, you will be technically responsible for delivering solutions to the requirements in accordance with our product lifecycle.
The key responsibilities include:
- Re-designs of our legacy product identifying requirements, through to final verification testing.
- Creation of schematic and PCB design, ensuring all the original requirements are achieved.
- Report technical issues and progress
- Prepare for, and submit technical work for review on obsolescence management
- Ensure the necessary analysis and development activities are identified and performed.
- Conduct design reviews including schematic and PCB layout
- MEng/MSc/BEng in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or similar/equivalent discipline.
- 5+ years electronics engineering experience.
- High speed digital circuit design
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working with PC motherboard architecture, e.g. microprocessors (64bit), PCI Express, Ethernet, DDR4 Memory;
- Programmable logic devices or FPGA ;
- Embedded Software appreciation.
- Experience with Intel or ARM chipsets
The role is based in our Colchester office, but for the right candidate we will consider applications to work in our Theale facility.
- Competitive salary package.
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution).
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection.
- 25 days holiday + Bank Hols.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme.
- No probation period.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Concurrent Technologies recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.