Concurrent Technologies is an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, primarily for the VPX, VME, CompactPCI and MicroTCA system architectures. Our products are designed and developed totally in-house by teams in the UK and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components.
We sell into many different markets around the world, but in particular, we have a range of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence, and telecommunications applications. Further products provide solutions for a variety of other data processing and industrial I/O requirements.
In order to support our development team, we are creating a new Sustaining Hardware Engineer position in Colchester, Essex and we are searching for an experienced digital Hardware Engineer to join us in this exciting new role.
Our customers demand longevity and excellent support for our products. To facilitate this, we require an experienced engineer that enjoys issue diagnosis and redesign work. In particular, they will be involved in all the following:
- Customer issue diagnosis and resolution. May require some board redesign or workaround documentation,
- Component obsolescence. Identifying replacement parts and if necessary, board redesign work to support new parts,
- Production technical support,
- Maintaining awareness of new technologies,
- Pre and post-sales backup to our technical support team
As the role evolves, we also expect opportunities to develop for team leading roles.
Candidates should be engineering graduates, able to demonstrate practical post graduate experience of digital hardware diagnosis and design, and be familiar with some or all of the following:
- 32/64 bit microprocessors, preferably Intel 80×86 architecture
- High performance bus architectures e.g. PCI Express
- High performance communications peripheral devices, e.g. 10 or 1 Gigabit Ethernet, SAS/SATA
- Advanced memory technologies, e.g. DDR4 DRAM
- High speed digital logic (500MHz and faster)
- Some familiarity with operating systems like Windows or Linux would be desirable but not essential.
You will be part of a small team with a high level of responsibility for progressing your own work, so you will need to have the ability to work to demanding timescales and be able to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the issues. You will also need to be willing and able to work with Junior engineers and help them progress their skills.
Very competitive salary package. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private medical and health insurance schemes. Relocation expenses are available for this role if required.