Concurrent Technologies designs a range of high-performance Intel® processor boards, switches, networking, storage and software products for use in embedded computing solutions. We manufacture our board products in our Colchester, UK based factory to meet the highest level of inspection standards for long life cycle, reliable operation.
Our products are used by many of the world’s leading integrators within the Defence, Security, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Transportation, Medical and Industrial markets and are designed to be operated in a range of temperatures and environments from benign to extreme rugged.
The company operates facilities in Colchester and Theale in the United Kingdom and Woburn, MA in the United States. We are supported by a world-wide network of distributors and manufacturers’ representatives to ensure that local support is always available to our customers.
Concurrent Technologies is a public company, quoted on AIM on the London Stock Exchange.
The successful candidate will support the business in developing embedded systems to support our customer’s needs. This will be both working on internal research and development projects or customer driven projects, through the entire development lifecycle. You will be part of a growing team and will form a key part in defining how we will continue to grow.
What will I be delivering?
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Create innovate solutions that deliver value to our customers
- Produce system architecture diagrams
- Ensure that the products are designed with quality and control
- Identify risks and opportunities with mitigation strategies for projects
- Lead projects from concept to delivery
- Identify suitable supplier products to integrate
- Define/refine the product requirements
- Work with the team to create project schedules
- Define test plans, carry out tests and produce test reports
- Support system qualification activities to MIL-STD or UKCA/CE Marking
- Write user manuals, datasheets and other technical documentation
- Creating technical statements of work for suppliers
- Liaising with a variety of suppliers to verify technical feasibility
What’s in it for me?
If you are looking to join a small but growing team that will have a visible direct impact to the growth of the company, then this role is for you. This is an exciting role that will provide you with so much opportunity to drive developments and improvements in the department. You will be an integral part of the team where your knowledge and experiences are values and appreciated together with a leadership team that is behind you all the way to provide the tools and support you need to be successful.
What do I need to bring with me?
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- Leading a product development through the complete lifecycle
- Embedded system design experience
- Experience with using Linux
- Schematic design (preferably Cadence)
Technical skills and qualifications
- Bachelors Electrical/Electronic Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Competent with Office 365
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Confident at speaking to a wide audience
- Able to work under time pressure
- Collaborate with team members and other departments
- Ability to identify problems and present solutions
Benefits for working at Concurrent Technologies: (UK):
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- No probation period
Equal Opportunity Statement
Concurrent Technologies recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.