This is new vacancy due to significant growth, for a Technical Sales Manager, reporting to the Director of Sales, responsible for sales within the UK. The company is well-established, with world-wide sales of embedded computer products to the defense, communication, industrial and scientific markets.
The company is now looking to appoint an experienced Technical Sales Manager responsible for further developing its UK domestic market. The successful candidate will be technically competent to assess customers’ requirements and recommend and architect both hardware and software solutions for new embedded system projects and applications. Understanding customers’ future needs in order to guide the company’s product roadmap is an essential part of the responsibilities of this role. This is a solution sales role, so involves working as an integrated team member as well as individually to achieve sales targets.
Candidates should be experienced in promoting technical products and solutions to both engineers and commercial professionals, and have the desire and ambition to achieve both personal and company growth.
The role can be home based or office based in Colchester or Reading.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science (or a related field)
- Working knowledge of embedded hardware & software (or similar technologies) e.g VPX, VME, MicroTCA
- Able to assist our customers to choose products from a system level perspective using both our products and third party products
- Experience of managing both direct and indirect sales channels, preferably with solution sales experience.
- Work within and manage a small team
- Be commercially knowledgeable
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Willing to travel within the UK (upto 50% of the time)
- Hold, or be able to gain UK security clearance
Very competitive salary package, Company Car allowance, Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.